Wednesday 12 April 2017

Her Husband's Lover by Julia Crouch Book Review

Her Husband's Lover by [Crouch, Julia]

BLURB

She stole her husband. Now she wants to take her life.

After the horrors of the past, Louisa Williams is desperate to make a clean start.

Her husband Sam is dead. Her children, too, are gone, victims of the car accident in which he died.

Sam said that she would never get away from him. That he would hound her to death if she tried to leave. Louisa never thought that he would want to harm their children though. But then she never thought that he would betray her with a woman like Sophie.

And now Sophie is determined to take all that Louisa has left. She wants to destroy her reputation and to take what she thinks is owed her - the life she would have had if Sam had lived. Her husband's lover wants to take her life. The only question is will Louisa let her?

MY THOUGHTS

I read Her Husband’s Lover by Julia Crouch in just under twenty four hours. It was that good; I simply couldn’t put it down. This was the first book by Julia that I have read and you can now label me a big fan, I’ll definitely be reading her other books and I can’t wait to see what she does next.

In Her Husband’s Lover, Louisa is recovering from a traumatic event and she is still being traumatized by the horrors of her past. She has lost her husband and her two children in a horrific accident and now Louisa is trying to make the best of things and move forward with her life. She has bought herself a new flat, found a new job and found a new partner.

But when her husband’s lover starts hounding her for money to support her child things begin to spiral out of control for Louisa. She thinks that she can keep Sophie under her reigns and is determined not to part with a penny but Sophie has been doing some digging and has uncovered disturbing information about Louisa’s past. Can Louisa really afford not to pay Sophie, to keep her quiet?

I loved the suspense in this book. From the moment you start reading you know that you are in for good one and I couldn’t believe it when I reached that twist which made me gasp out loud. There were some chilling scenes in this book, particularly towards the end.

I loved the voices that Julia gave Sophie and Louise which were very distinctive. I’m a huge fan of novels where the reader is allowed to step inside another person’s head and it is a great tool to use in helping to misdirect the reader and plant red herrings.


I think I have definitely found a new favourite author with Julia Crouch and if you haven’t read Her Husband’s Lover, well, you’d be mad not to. 

Publisher: Headline

Publication date: 26th January 2017

Print length: 480 pages


No comments:

Post a Comment