Wednesday 14 December 2016

Tattletale by Sarah J Naughton Book Review

32455458

BLURB

For fans of Disclaimer and I Let You GoTattletale is the debut psychological thriller you can't miss.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who believed in fairytales. Now she is out to get your happy ending.

One day changes Jody's life forever.
She has shut herself down, haunted by her memories and unable to trust anyone. But then she meets Abe, the perfect stranger next door and suddenly life seems full of possibility and hope.

One day changes Mags' life forever.
After years of estrangement from her family, Mags receives a shocking phone call. Her brother Abe is in hospital and no-one knows what happened to him. She meets his fiance Jody, and gradually pieces together the ruins of the life she left behind.

But the pieces don't quite seem to fit...


MY THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved this book. In Tattletale, Sarah J Naughton’s debut in adult fiction, Mags is trying to find out who has put her brother, Abe, in a coma. The police believe it was suicide attempt but is there perhaps a more sinister reason behind his fall? Who is really telling the truth? Who can Mags trust?

You never really know what to expect in this book. Sarah takes you on a ride filled with plenty of twists and turns that leave you gasping. I can’t say too much without revealing the plot and spoiling it for readers but I think the character who I liked the most was Jody. Jody lives next door to Mag’s brother in a block of flats and she has not had a good upbringing as a child. There were times when I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and give her a hug.

Sarah expertly drew you into her character’s lives and she definitely knows how to create tension. The story did bring back memories of watching What Remains on BBC back in 2013 which had a similar feel.

Some of the themes in Tattletale are very dark and I did find some scenes a little uncomfortable but they were important in unravelling the story.


I found it impossible to put this book down. I found myself immersed in Sarah’s storytelling and she is definitely a writer who I would like to read more from. I’m sure this book will do very well next year. I highly recommend it. If you love a twisty psychological thriller, this book is for you. Special thanks to Trapeze and Netgalley for the advance review copy. 


Publisher: Trapeze 

Print length: 336 pages

Publication date: 23rd March 2017 


No comments:

Post a Comment