Saturday 10 December 2016

My top ten reads of 2016

For me, 2016 feels like a bit of whir. That seems to be the case every year and they only seem to be getting faster. Scary. So, here we are, approaching 2017 which looks like a corker of a year for brilliant book releases but I've read some pretty terrific books this year and below you'll find my top ten, in no particular order:

The Widow by Fiona Barton



One word for this book: stunning, The Widow was one of the first books I reviewed when I set up this blog back in April. I still haven't forgotten THAT ending. If you haven't read it yet, you can purchase it by clicking HERE.


Tastes Like Fear by Sarah Hilary



Sarah Hilary's, DI Marnie Rome series just keeps getting better and better. I'm super excited for her next book, Quieter Than Killing which will be released in March next year. To purchase Tastes Like Fear, click HERE


Lie With Me by Sabine Durrant 



Set in a hot summer in Greece, you'll completely lose yourself in this story. Lie With Me was magnificent and for me it certainly lived up to its expectation. I had heard great things about this book and it didn't let me down. click HERE to purchase.

Watching Edie by Camilla Way



I read this book in two days flat. Watching Edie is seriously good and the story of Heather and Edie has stayed with me for a long time. Click HERE to purchase.

Saving Sophie by Sam Carrington



Sam Carrington is an author to watch! I read Saving Sophie in a heartbeat. A real page turner, I can't wait to read Sam's next book. Click HERE to purchase.


Ragdoll by Daniel Cole 



Ragdoll is certainly going to be a HIT when it is released next year. Thanks to the team at Trapeze, I received an early review copy. I devoured this book in one setting. Ragdoll is a book with a stunning cast of characters and brilliant humour. Click HERE to pre-order now!

Defender by GX Todd 



Defender is the first in four part series by GX Todd, a dystopian world set in a futuristic version of America. It is a masterpiece. Click HERE to purchase.


Blood Lines by Angela Marsons 



I'm a huge fan of Angela Marosns Kim Stone series. The series stars with Silent Scream which was an e-book phenomenon, selling over a million copies. If you haven't discovered Kim Stone yet, what are you waiting for? Click HERE to purchase.


Sirens by Joseph Knox



I was luck to receive an early copy of this book to review. Sirens kept me turning the pages, I'm hoping that this is the start of a fantastic new series. Click HERE to pre-order.


Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner



I thought DS Manon Bradshaw was one of the best new characters in crime fiction this year. Missing, Presumed had me gripped from its opening pages right to the end. I can't wait to see what Susie has next in store for Manon. Click HERE to purchase.


And that's a wrap. These are the books that have definitely been my top favourites this year. Have you read any of them, or would you like to? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment